Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Life's Meaning


Usually, one tends to associate the meaning of life to the various forms of success and and goals they would like to achieve. These goals can be successful careers, families, making friends or even material gains such as earning a huge salary.

However my meaning of life tends to be rather simple. That is, to live each day to the fullest, to strike a balance between work and play. Years ago I remembered the term 'Carpe Diem' used in the movie 'Dead Poets Society'. Seize the day! Now that I am in university, (studies aside) I would love to expose myself to various student activities and expanding my social network. On weekends, I would hit the gym or go for evening runs to keep myself fit and looking good.

At the end of the day, all that matters is how fruitful the day has been, not just based on the outcome but also the process and the person I spent it with.

9 comments:

Sweetie said...

Simple life is also what I want. But sometimes I just can't help myself from thinking of some annoying stuffs. Happy everyday!

Hanyun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanyun said...

(Sorry...I carelessly deleted the previous one...so again...)
A simple life is not simple.It often gives you more.Not everyone has realized this and you are lucky.So just enjoy your life ^0^

eesong said...

the meaning of life is 42!

...

well, jokes aside, life's meaning can't be summarize into a 100 word paragraph. all day long, you'll see that matters appeared and vanished.

each day is an adventure. live in the present; it's all where the actions are, and will ever be.

this, my friend, constitutes to the meaning of life!

sio said...

GMP

Dara said...

Great cartoon!

feliCia said...

I think you have a good point here - to live each day to its fullest. Afterall, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. (Quoted from Abraham Lincoln)

Rikou Tay said...

Haha ... I have the same meaning of life with you too. I also enjoy "simplicity" in my life. I always try to avoid annoying stuff whenever possible. =P

Work-life balance is important too. My dream career will be a job that starts working at 9pm and ends at 5pm (Haha..am i trying to be too idealistic?)

Anyway, hope we all enjoy our life everyday! ^^

Li Yuanlong said...

I want to have this kind of life also, but I do not have it. Changes always run faster than plans. This kind of life is very fantastic but not suitable for everyone. Many people cannot find the balance between work and play, so they can only dream to have this kind of life.